Don’t panic, winter is almost over.
Lincoln’s own unconference, Awesome Camp, is coming up soon. Are you registered yet?
- Donald Knuth’s original paper on LR parsers - On the Translation of Languages from Left to Right.
- Frank DeRemer invented LALR parsers. His PhD dissertation, Practical Translators for LR(k) Languages, is fascinating and his later paper has some great information on optimizing lookup sets.
- Our Lieutenant Governor got in a bit of trouble.
- Nanex uncovers more funny business in the high-speed trading world.
- The yacc grammar for Ruby makes my head hurt.
- Convergent encryption is one possible solution for efficent, secure data storage in “the cloud”. UCSC did research on it back in 2008. But it’s not without its share of problems.
- The State of the Union Address.
- If you put liquid nitrogen in the microwave it will boil, freeze, recrystallize, and then explode into snow.
- The Weather Channel’s Jim Cantore came to town to cover a snowstorm. The storm skipped over us and we learned the phrase #dryslot.
If you died and they named a unit after you, what would it measure?
- fluid dynamics class